Friday, August 21, 2015

Crocheting

My friend Pat and I recently hosted a crocheting afternoon at my home for the ladies from our Bible Study Group. 
 
Pat had recently crocheted a blanket for our Bible Study leader (Loren) as a birthday gift, and after seeing it, many of the ladies said that they would like to learn to crochet.  It was a lovely afternoon with lots of interest from the ladies.  I forgot how daunting it can be to learn a new skill!
 
Pat shows Judy how to crochet a basic granny square

My beautiful sister Caron with Anne, who is knitting a jersey for her grandson who lives in Canada 

Jenny, Anne and Allison concentrating on getting it right 

Caron shows Laura how to crochet 

Cathy tries her hand at crocheting; she gave up a few minutes later (LOL)

Anne is a mighty woman of God, I'm so glad that I met this lady in our Bible Study Group 

Allison concentrated really hard and was the star pupil of the afternoon 

Thanks Pat - the afternoon was a great success!! 

I love my sister
 
Thanks to Pat and Anne and my sister Caron for teaching the ladies to crochet.  We hope to see a few finished projects in the not too distant future!
 

1 comment: