Thursday, May 21, 2015

Clothes that make me sad

I recently wore a shirt to work that made me feel awful.  What was I thinking when I bought it a few years ago?!  I really felt frumpy and horrible wearing it.  And so I've decided to get rid of all the clothes in my wardrobe that 'make me sad'. 
 
If I don't feel great in it, it has to go.  Slowly over the next few weeks and months, I will remove the 'sad' clothes from my wardrobe, and they can go and bless someone else.
 
 
This shirt is the first item in the 'donate' pile of clothes that I don't love.  I sometimes buy clothes because they fit me, not because they look great on me (do you ever do that??).  My 50-year old self wants something different now... Maybe I'll sign up for Kelly Rae Roberts' next online workshop on 'wear your joy'
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I certainly know about "buying because it fits not because I love it".

    I am happy to hear that you are going to rid your wardrobe of those clothes that make you sad ~ Your deserve to feel like the gorgeous lady you are when you get dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. That workshop sounds awesome. I feel that way about my scrapping lately...if a layout looks mediocre...I pull it apart and start over.

    ReplyDelete