Saturday, December 20, 2014

I found it

My sister Caron, Lynn, Connor and I intended to go for a walk at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens on Tuesday 16 December - the Day of Reconciliation in South Africa.  I wanted to actually see the summer cuckoos that I hear calling all day in my suburb. 
 
But it was raining when we woke up so instead, we had breakfast at Lifestyle Garden Centre. 
 
Caron and I - LOVE this  lady!

Lynn and her son Connor 


We pottered around the shops.  And then I found it!  The walls of my bedroom have been bare since I moved in 2 and a half years ago.  I've been looking for a picture of a King Protea for my bedroom for ages.  I found this gorgeous painting in one of the shops at Lifestyle.  And it was on sale.  It looks fabulous in my bedroom!  The navy background of the painting has inspired me to add some navy blue to the colour scheme of my cream and pink bedroom next year.  I'm still on the lookout for another painting or two of proteas

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am delighted that you bought the painting ... It is a gorgeous addition to your bedroom!!!

    ReplyDelete