Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekend in review

I've had a couple of weekends in a row with time to myself, where I can go at my own pace and not have to worry about other people or deadlines for a while...I like the slow, gentle weekends
 
I started off on Saturday morning by collecting cardstock for the Scrap Addicts from Scrapbook 'n Things.  It's American Craft textured cardstock, priced at R4 a sheet if you buy more than 100 sheets.  It's also available from Loot for R44 for a pack of 10 sheets
 
I then visited the new Johannesburg Scrap-a-Doodles store in Paulshof. The store has just opened and they need to get a lot more stock in, but it's great to have a new scrapbook store in Johannesburg
 

This is Monique and Cara-Lee (she co-owns the store with her brother)

and a few of my new supplies...


I've heard a lot about the Peaberry Coffee Stop at Builder's Warehouse in Rivonia, so I popped in for a look-see on my way home.  It's  a great little coffee stop for people shopping at Builder's, but it's not really worth going out of your way for


The selection of gifts is cute but veeeery expensive

 
Filled French toast with ham and cheese, and a hot chocolate for brunch

 
 
Princess Ruby recently turned 7, and was treated to the softest soft fleece blankets for her birthday.  She loooves these blankies.  One for on mom's bed, and one for a new sunny spot in the front entrance hall.  My home is quite deep and gets very little sun.  The toy boxes for my nieces used to be housed in the server at the front door; this is now Ruby's morning 'sun room'.


 
The lavender in my garden is blooming beautifully in the winter sun


I pruned the rose bushes on Sunday.  Note to self - wear gloves when you prune the roses otherwise the splinters will hurt you!
 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gentle weekend my friend.

    I still need to visit the new Scrap a Doodles.

    Happy Birthday Miss Ruby ~ Wow!!!! 7 years old already!!!!

    ReplyDelete