Monday, July 7, 2014

7 things on 7/7/2014


1. I've just finished reading The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.  The book was a bit fluffy and weird in parts, but the 4 agreements are great, and I'm trying to live them every day:
  1. be impeccable with your word
  2. don't take anything personally
  3. don't make assumptions
  4. always do your best


Photo: 'n Trio teddies (o:

2. I cannot believe how difficult it is to organize a reasonably simple coffee and tea tasting for my big birthday in January 2015.  Ugh!  Really - why does everything have to be so hard sometimes?  I've contacted at least 10 venues / coffee shops / restaurants, and not only do they want to charge ridiculous prices, they also generally all want to charge a hefty venue hire for 3 hours, and then force me to accept the bog standard menu of lamingtons and red velvet cupcakes.  I'm hoping my friend Tanya (she made the gorgeous bears in the photo above) from Blooming Beautiful Bakes can help with some ideas
 
 
3. I'm loving this quote from Brave Girls Club
"Live Big in your own skin"
 
4. while trying harder to 'move more, eat less and eat well', I read this honest and encouraging blog post from Cathy Zielske where she says to her body "…I am sorry that I tried to make you into something that wasn't mine."
 
 
5. Just 2 months to go to Spring in South Africa - yeh baby!  We have 8 months of warm weather and just 4 months of cold weather down here at the tip of Africa.  I refuse to buy any more winter clothes this year
 
 
 
6. I'm spending a bit more time making art, playing with pens and paint and washi tape and stamps and stencils.  I would love to go on a weekend art retreat, but I already travel so much that I hate to leave my beloved Ruby alone at home; I'll just have to enjoy my art retreats at home
 
 7.  Living far away from my family sucks.  I've never had the opportunity to pop in after work and say hello, and maybe stay for a quick bite to eat.  Missing these little people, hope to see them soon.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post my friend. Yep ... living far away from your girls is really difficult ... it would be amazing to be able to just pop in after work and say "Hi!!!".

    ReplyDelete