Friday, April 25, 2014

Crochet blanket

Yep - I made this with my own 2 hands!  Late last year I started learning to crochet using The Art of Crochet magazines from CNA.  I love the rhythm and peace of having a crochet hook and wool in my hands.  I have to chase miss Ruby off because she thinks that grabbing and chewing the wool is great fun.  She eventually loses interest and settles down for a snooze.
 



  




 
Of course there are mistakes and a few holes and it's not perfect, but I'm so happy with my first ever crochet blanket.  I have no idea what I will do with it or where it will live, but for now, I'm just enjoying the sense of accomplishment...
 
My next project is a shawl made from bamboo cotton, and maybe a scarf...
 
 

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is absolutely gorgeous my friend. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new crocheted blanket and finished just in time to keep you warm :-)

    ReplyDelete